Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Picture Time for the First Time



If you are reading this, you may know that I've been more and more interested in old cameras lately. This remarkable timepiece is the first example of a camera watch. The Kilfitt UKA 659 camera watch prototype. It is amazing. I want one. But seeing as it just sold on eBay for 29,119.00 GBP ($57,818.68) I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon. That, and it's the only one of it's kind. Literally, this was the only one made.
Thing is, this watch is so cool, and with the ever rising popularity of steampunk, I can't help but think there is a market for recreations of this kind of thing. Keep the aesthetics, make the camera digital, cram a bluetooth in there, mass produce, and I buy. Deal?
Via TechEBlog via Gizmodo via WIRED Gadgetlab via eBay.

Also, You may think this is totally pointless, but I thought it would be a lot of fun. This camera takes pictures on both sides of the device, both of what you are seeing (in front of you) and what is seeing you (and behind you).

Via TechEBlog via Gizmodo Via NONOBJECT.

P.S. TechEBlog just rips off other blogs. Especially Gizmodo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never stop dreaming... and please keep blogging... it is my only connection to my old life now that I am back in the mother land.

austinmcraig said...

You have a blogger account. Why aren't you using it?