Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Paper Thin Walls Mixtape 2007


I stumbled on the Paper Thin Walls end of the year Mixtape exactly one year ago. It was a great find. Some superb songs, new and upcoming bands. I've mentioned one of those songs before, a little diddy by CSS, almost a full year before they were made mainstream by that hit iPhone commercial that some 18 year old kid made. Even today, five of my top twenty-five songs on iTunes come from that download. It's free, it's legal, it's fun, and you'll impress all the hipsters, though don't expect them to acknowledge that.

Anyway, while I haven't yet heard all of this years mixtape, I think it's worth the download if only for D.A.N.C.E. by Justice (another song I've mentioned on here before). I couldn't stop listening to this song on their myspace page when it was shown to me back in July.

Well, that is on there, and some other great ones too. Enjoy, and download before it's gone.

UPDATE: I just finished listening to the whole Mixtape. Not as good as last year, not as good. But that Justice song, that's good stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, Justice is solid. I listened to "D.A.N.C.E." when it came up on the KEXP Song of the Day podcast back in May. I'm not usually much on dancepop, but this one really got me moving. Nice.