Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Free Music, and it's Good

I caught on to this from Richard, who is pretty hip on the music scene despite what he says. He was listening to a great playlist when I was at his house, and I asked where all this good stuff came from. MPR, not to be confuse with NPR, does a song of the day, every day. It's just the song, and it's pretty good stuff. Free. So SUBSCRIBE. And if you like that, I'd recommend the KEXP Song of the Day as well, found HERE.

P.S. The subscription links are for you iTunes kids out there.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I live and die by the KEXP Song of the Day. That's how I found out about groups like Thee More Shallows, Vampire Weekend, and Bishop Allen, to name a few.

Have you listened much to NPR's All Songs Considered? They do a podcast, too, and it has a lot of concerts in it. It's fantastic. Got me through my summer job.

meredith said...

since you are so kind to share these tips I have one of my own. PASTE magazine. A free cd with every issue. about a third of each cd is fantastic. Plus a pretty entertaining magazine on music, film, art, books....

Tiffany introduced me.

austinmcraig said...

I love love love Paste magazine, but haven't been able to make myself pay the subscription fee. I know, I know, it's worth it...but somehow...I don't know. And I'm broke at the moment.

Richard said...

I'll have to check out KEXP.

I wholeheartedly agree with Optimistic, “Cap Cod Kwassa Kwassa” by Vampire Weekend is one of my favorite songs of the year.

Angela said...

I take it you're ignoring my tag?

austinmcraig said...

Hold it, sister, you're in the queue.