Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

If you get bit, don't bother coming back.

I'm not sure you know this about me, but I dream more about zombies than the average person. It hasn't always been something I dreamt about. In fact, the first zombie movie I ever saw was Shaun of the Dead. Ever since then, the spectre of the undead has haunted my sleeping thoughts. It's not that bad, though, really. They can hardly be considered nightmares. I have much worse dreams about actual people.

Last night I dreamt that there was a zombie invasion, and a few friends and I were holed up in some empty house. The only one I can remember actually being there was Mandy Pratt, because she insisted on going out to get something. I didn't say it, but I was thinking, "If you get bit, don't bother coming back." Shortly after she left, a zombie woman came in the back door and walked into the kitchen where I was. I reached for a chair to take care of business. But then somehow, we got to talking, me and this zombie, and she tried to convince me that I was the zombie, not her.

Now that is just ridiculous, I thought. She wasn't convincing at all. Zombies aren't very smart. She didnt' have any argument, other than the simple accusation, "No, you're the zombie!" She did, however, have rotting flesh and a slow halting gait.

Silly zombie woman. Nobody is going to believe her.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I think her denial and defense may have had something to do with the werewolf game last night. "No, you're the werewolf!" Maybe?

austinmcraig said...

Can't believe that didn't occur to me. Sharp observation, Mary. I think you're on to something.

Jasie said...

Wow, I know you wrote this like weeks ago, but I just discovered your blog, so I must comment now. At about the time you wrote this, I ALSO HAD A ZOMBIE DREAM...AND YOU WERE IN IT!! It was probably one of the most vivid dreams I've had in a while (limbs being torn from bodies and eaten by the zombies, throats being ripped out), and my first about zombies. You and your roommates were helping us fight them off, but one of you turned into one. The first zombie film I ever saw was also Shaun of the Dead and this dream was very similar to the movie. weird.

sorry I keep commenting on your blog, I obviously dont have enough homework to do or something....

austinmcraig said...

It's a sign, Jasie. When the Zombies come, as they inevitably will, you just stick with the guys at my house. I'll get'em. Trust me, I have a killer instinct you wouldn't believe. Not a joke.