Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

To Anybody that Thinks Miracles Don't Happen Anymore:

They do. I had one happen today.

I got my old job back. Only it's better than before. And I didn't even apply for my old job back.

I interviewed at BYU Broadcasting for a different position than I used to have. What am I supposed to do?

"Hi, I know I quit working here many months ago, and I'm sure you've replaced me with somebody more capable and harder working than I was, but the other job I quit you for just fired me, so can I please have my job back?"

Right. I just didn't think that was going to fly.

But the person I interviewed with asked what my career goals were. I told him. He said that would more closely fit working with BYU Weekly. Well, ya, I thought, but that's essentially the job I quit. They aren't going to want to take me back. He said he'd see if they had any openings. I wasn't going to hold my breath.

There was an opening. My old boss called and asked if I wanted it.

YES! This is an honest to goodness miracle. There is no reason I should get my job back, with a promotion, after having left the organization almost eight months ago.

Heaven be thanked for my forgiving boss, second chances, and answered prayers.

4 comments:

Jasie said...

that's awesome news! it's good to see you not only taking classes but now you're working too! =)

Angela said...

I look forward to watching you before the devotional.

Nancy said...

I'm so excited for you Aus! Please, please figure out a way for me to see it too!

pam said...

It really is a miracle and an answer to prayer. Good luck on the job! I told you before that I would iron your shirts if you are actually going to be on camera. The offer still holds. Also, anything else we can do to be of help, just let us know.