Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I am the Nerdiest Guy you Know

I am. I've won the title. I'm certifiably nerdy. I can prove it.

What, the frequent posts about robots and zombies weren't enough to convince you? My affinity for antiquated gadgets? Or bleeding edge technology?Or my super-geek hacker-phone? No? Well, friend, if that wasn't enough, I can prove beyond any doubt that I Am The Nerdiest Guy You Know.

Yesterday I went to dinner with some friends. One of them recently learned how much I geek out over robots, so she has taken to calling me "Robot Boy" (R.B. for short). We were quoting an hysterical film, and somebody mentioned how funny they thought it was when one of the characters rolled across screen on his Heelys. I mean, who wears Heelys right?

HINT: The Nerdiest Guy You Know owns a pair.


Then this morning, I received this email.

Hey, this is Devin from CrunchGear. I'm happy to say you've won the Penny Arcade limited boxed edition! And, of course, the second episode, though I'm trying to figure out how best to get that to you. I can ship the boxed first episode, of course, but give me a day to figure out the best way to get you episode two, since it's online only at the moment. Congrats!
--
Devin Coldewey
Associate Editor
CrunchGear.com
What could he be talking about? Well, this right here. I entered a contest to win, get this, a video game based on a web-comic about video games. No joke. The Contest is called Nerdiest gamer wins a nerdy game. And I won.

I'm glad I won something, but I'm honestly not sure if I should be.

UPDATE 19 Nov.: Lest there were any doubt left in you...

3 comments:

D Smith said...

Well sometimes the planets just align, huh?

Nancy said...

If you wanted an award for being nerdy I could have given you one a long time ago. But to tell you the truth I don't think you're entirely nerdy, maybe qwerky, but not so much nerd. As for some of your friends I've met in the past, well let's just say it's a good thing I don't know any of their names.

marisa said...

maybe you're really nerdy, or maybe you're just good at researching top nerdy games. either way congrats!