Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Broadcast

I'm majoring in Broadcast Journalism. Soon, I'll have a college degree in the subject. And you know what? You can learn most of what you need to know in just a few minutes. Honest. Here, I'll show you.

Just look here.

Current.tv
is a cable network/online venture that uses fully 1/3 user generated content. That means people (like me) make and send in short news or other interest stories. Then Current sends them a check if they like it and want to air it. Why am I not doing this every weekend? A five minute video? Come on, I do that for fun all the time.

I already have some footage that I think will be great, can't imagine they'd turn it down. I'll get back to you, let you know if it turns out. If they like it. If they air it. If they pay me for it.

2 comments:

pam said...

Good luck, Austin! Let us know how it goes with all your stories.

SamYam said...

Check your messages in the morning. You have one.