Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wanton

The greatest danger in driving someplace very near home is not the
environmental damage from burning excessive fossil fuel. It's not the
squandered opportunity to walk, and rather burn excess calories. No,
it's the chance, and for the more absent-minded among us, the
probability, that we will embark from our destination and walk straight
home, leaving the car behind.

I've done this many more times than I'd like to admit.

I'm in scholarly company, though. I heard Hugh Nibley did this all the
time. We've probably made the same mistake from the same campus parking
lots at BYU.

-Sent from Austin's phone.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

You're not alone. I do that all the time...but I don't think I can be considered scholarly company.

Nancy said...

Nope, never. You'd better believe if I had a car on campus I'd remember, I hated the walk home!