Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Incognito

Yesterday, I was talking to a couple friends waiting for the Devotional
to start. Both of them lovely gals from my old ward. It was nice to
catch up.

Before devotional, they often play BYU Weekly, and yesterday was no
different. On the screen came me, hosting, smiling in my gray suit, red
tie, and contact lenses.

In the midst of our conversation, I pointed up at the screen,
indicating, That's Me, THERE I AM.

They looked at the screen, then back at me, and one asked, "Oh, do you
work with that guy?"

Very Funny. Yes, I answered. But when they continued on without further
comment, I realized they weren't kidding, that they both actually hadn't
recognized me.

I backpeddled on our discussion and pointed out, THAT'S ME. They were
still confused.

"They're talking about you? Did you write this?"

What? Yes, I wrote it, but you're missing the point, THAT IS ME ON THE
SCREEN. THE PERSON ON THE TELEVISION TALKING TO YOU IS THE SAME PERSON
SITTING NEXT TO YOU. I AM HIM.

Amazing, really. I suppose I look really great on TV or really dull in
reality. Maybe both.

-Sent from Austin's phone.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

that is very interesting, I bet your stock totally went up after that.

DKS said...

Hilarious!

Camille said...

That's kind of funny...

siovhan said...

Hahahahahahahahahahah. You don't look that different with your contacts/glasses switch. That's really funny.

pam said...

Isn't it great that you look so good on camera that people sitting next to you don't even recognize you.

Landon said...

You are so vain, Austin. :)