Random thoughts on most things from A. M. Craig.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Somebody She's Glad to Know

Following is an essay written by my tremendously bright and talented 13 year old niece. The prompt was to write about somebody you are glad to know.
One of the most successful YouTube commercial campaigns is for a tongue cleaner called the OraBrush. Surprising that a tongue cleaner would cause so much buzz, but this is largely due to the hysterical and halitophobic “OraBrush Guy” (I’m not so much afraid of me having bad breath. I’m afraid of other people having bad breath.) … This brash scientist is other wise known as, my quirky, adventurous, tech-nerd Uncle Austin. The semi-famous Austin Craig graduated from BYU with a degree in broadcast journalism. His talent for imitating others and sarcastic humor keeps all those around him in good spirits. He is loud, funny, smart and interested in absolutely everything. What Austin, a fellow “twinner”, loves more than anything else is a good conversation. The economy, music, food, Facebook, politics, school, electronics--he’ll talk about them all. And he won’t just talk. Austin will debate. The man has an opinion and he loves to be heard. Life is full of opportunities, and my uncle loves to grab them. Austin dabbles in gymnastics, photography, critiquing, running, and more. Spontaneous adventures are always on his agenda along with seminars, friends and traveling. It’s a wonder he’s still single! I’m so glad he’s such a great uncle and friend. As he once said, “Friends are like potatoes. If you eat them, they die … brought to you by Austin’s Words of Wisdom, Words of Wisdom by Austin.”
Clever girl, that's what I say.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She's a raptor?!?

Jenna said...

How flattering! Would she like to write a piece about me? I could use some positive PR! ;)

siovhan said...

That twinner tweener has got a knack for words and clearly adores you! How wonderful to see how much you impact those around you.

And I'm with Jenna ... I'd like some primo positive PR.

anna. said...

that was adorable.

Unknown said...

That's awesome. She really is brilliant. I definitely could never write that well when I was ... maybe I still can't write that well. *HatTip to the niece.